Energy for Productive Uses
- Dr. Johannes Urpelainen
Please join us for a small, informal lunch meeting on “Energy for Productive Uses” on Monday, April 16, 2018 from 12:00 p.m to 2:30 p.m. The meeting is co-hosted with Johannes Urpelainen of ISEP and Clare Boland Ross of the Rockefeller Foundation. Much of the research community is focused on household energy, with far less data and research on energy for business and employment. This meeting will bring together researchers and policymakers to share information about the research landscape and identify gaps.
We aim to touch on the following points:
- Welcome: What is Energy for Productive Uses? Why is it different than energy for households?
- Data: What data is available and who is collecting it? What data is still needed? What are the practical considerations for getting more relevant data? What technologies might be better exploited?
- Research: What is the state of the field? Who is conducting the most interesting research in this field? What are the big gaps in analysis?
- Policy: What issues are most on the mind of policymakers? What new research might be most productive? How can researchers better connect to end-users?
- Closing: What are the priorities? Who can play roles in pushing the priorities?